Monday, August 27, 2012

Pinatas and Pigs


It’s been a busy last two weeks.  I have been faithful to my writing obligations. I have been working on my short story collection, Almost Midnight, almost daily.  I have been re-writing the weaker stories and editing the good ones.  This will truly be my first e-book.  I am super excited about getting it out into the world.  I am hoping to have a Christmas time release date.    But a writer does not live on words alone.  I have been busy in other parts of my life too.

 

 
This is a piñata.  I never knew I had a talent for making them, but I guess I do.  My oldest son turned 11 at the end of August.  His birthday party was done in a zombie theme.  We found great party plates and I got some really cool stuff for the goodie bags, but I couldn’t find a piñata anywhere!  Ok, ok, I found a VERY nifty one on etsy, but it was over $80.00. Piñatas are a big thing at my house, so it was my job as mommy and chief party planner to make one.  I think I did a good job.
 

Here is my daughter taking a whack at it.  It held up pretty well to the kids bashing it to little bits.

 

In other news, we also got two pet guinea pigs.  Desmond and Gizmo are their names.  They are super fun and were easy to tame.  Only problem we’ve had so far is our dog wants to eat them.  Other than that, they are a perfect fit into our little family. 

 

So that’s about it for tonight.  I will be writing again on Thursday.  I don’t know if anyone else has started to feel it, but fall is coming to our little corner of the world.  Tonight is my first night of my “back to the grind” schedule.     The kids have been talking about Halloween.  Our pool will be closed this week.  It’s bittersweet.  I do love summer, but I am so busy that writing almost takes a backseat.  I have more time in the fall even if I’m working more and the kids have school.   And more time to write is always a good thing. 


1 comment:

  1. I hope that zombie pinata was full of suitably yucky candy like gummy worms and stuff!

    ReplyDelete