Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Writers Bucket List

Awhile back I wrote a blog entry talking about making a writer's bucket list.  And then I never did it.  So today, with nothing else to do, I completed it.  Here it is, in all it's glory: 

Writer’s Bucket List

-To be published in The First Line
-To be published in One Story
-To create Art books and other writing related art on etsy
-To finish my set of eleven novels on Jonas and Vincent (more on this later)
-To be nominated for a Pushcart Prize
-To win a Pushcart Prize
-To finish my book, Almost Midnight
-To have my book, Almost Midnight, available as an e-book for purchase
-To be interviewed in Bust magazine about my writing and art
-To be interviewed by People magazine about my book
-To make enough money from my writing to support my family

Do you set goals as a writer?  I feel it is important to aim big, so some of these goals seem off the wall. 

Switching topics, I have two annoucments to make.  First, I updated my art work section of the blog.  It's still a small selection of all the work I've made, but it's a great start.  Second, I am now going to be regularly posting three times a week: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  That way, if you are reading my blog, you know exactly when to tune in for a new post.  I hope this helps.

Happy writing!

3 comments:

  1. Doesn't every writer secretly have another item on their bucket list? "To write the next "Harry Potter" blockbuster like JK Rowling." C'mon, 'fess up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your list. Sure, some may seem off the wall, with emphasis on may. We have to aim big, otherwise we'll never get there!
    Good luck and happy writing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure all the biggest writers in the world had bucket lists like this and figured that they were aiming big. If you don't aim for the biggest thing, you'll never reach it.

    ReplyDelete