Friday, March 30, 2012

First Acceptance of the Year. I am celebrating!

Remember this post? 


I do.  I know what it's like to feel rejection.  I also know the sweet pleasure of getting accepted for publication.  Wooo!  I got my first acceptance letter for the year this morning at 8:14.  I am so happy.  It just made my day.  This is my eleventh story to be published.  I am ecstatic. 


The story they picked is called "The Present."  It is a story about a very bored gentleman and the power of education.  I had the idea for this story when I read about Frederick Douglass,  a leader of the abolitionist.  Douglass was taught to read by the wife of one of his slave owners.  When I read that statement, a story formed in my mind.  It will be in the Spring 2012 edition of The Helix Literary Magazine.  You can see their website here.  They are an awesome publication.  I encourage you to check them out.  I am honored to be featured in their magazine. 


My goal for 2012 is to have twelve pieces published this year.  That is double what I did last year.  I hope I can make it in time!  One down, eleven to go.




2012 Countdown
Stories Published: 1
Stories written: 3
Stories submitted: 100
Stories rejected: 27

8 comments:

  1. You have the right spirit--never give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the right spirit--never give up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! Congrats on the acceptance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rebecca, looks like your 2 places under me in the AtoZ challenge list. Good luck and look forward to following along with you blog.
    Shaun @ www.valleysshutterbug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations - that's great!

    ReplyDelete