· I made my blog pretty. I drew the picture above with colored pencils and then scanned it. I am in love with this picture! I wished I wrote in a place that looked like that. I usually write in my living room, with a pile of unfolded laundry at my feet and something sticky on the keyboard. I also added several pages to the top of my blog. Now I just have to fill them in.
· I wrote a 17 page story about working class women. I had an idea kicking around for a few months, and when I sat down to finally write it, I got this monster. It is so long, I have no idea what I’m going to do with it. I also wrote it two endings for it: one happy, the other, not so much. When I decide what to do with it, I’ll let you know. I think I might send it to a journal called The Long Story. I’m also thinking about cutting several thousand words off it and submit it to Struggle.
· I got eight rejection letters in the mail.
· I wrote for “Write to win!” I submitted a 1,497 word story titled, “The House at the End of the Road.”
· I wrote and submitted to The First Line. The story was called “The Present.”
· I sent out 15 submissions to different journals. Always exciting!
· I made business cards. So now, whenever people ask me, “What do you do?” I can hand them a business card, complete with my website address. Free advertising!