Saturday, September 15, 2012

Stories can be so hard to GET STARTED!!!!



Today I really tried to start working on my latest story.  I sat down at my computer and opened the four paragraphs I already wrote. 

TOTAL CRAP!!!

I have no idea how I'm going to jump into this story.  Usually I start writing at the beginning and work until I get stuck.  Then I skip ahead to the "good parts" and write those, usually to the end of the tale.  Then I go back and start reading.  I edit as I go, then I start to write again.  I have a better idea of how I want the middle to go.  This time, I really don't have any "parts" to the story.  I have a plot and characters.  I know the "call to adventure" and everything... I just can't start writing.  Hopefully, by tonight, I will be over this problem and will be happily typing away.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I haven't dropped by in a while. Life has so many side streets. Hey, don't get discouraged. Your WIP will take shape. You've got the idea. It'll come together. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete